Many of you know that I'm originally from Wisconsin and now living in Minnesota...roughly translated means that cheese will still reign supreme and when I find a recipe that embodies multiple cheeses, we are trying it.
I say all of this in jest because the others in home NEVER say no to anything related to cheese. So, I lucked out there. This sandwich may be the cheesiest thing I have ever eaten. Smooth and creamy and full of melted dairy. It's a grilled cheese lovers dream sandwich!
One thing I will let you know...and I may loose part of my Sconnie card for saying this. It is incredibly filling! So much so that I would recommend starting out with a 1/2 sandwich for everyone first and having a nice tomato soup or salad on the side. Otherwise dig in and prepare for the ultimate in cheesiness.
Ultimate Grilled Cheese
- 2 oz cream cheese at room temp
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Sliced Bread
- Combine all ingredients above (minus bread) and mix together with a mixer or food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Heat large skillet over medium low heat.
- Butter the outside of bread and put approximately 1/2 cup of the mixture in each sandwich.
- Cook in skillet covered until insides are melted and bread is toasted a golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy. Great with a side of tomato soup.