When I think of a romantic dinner and what dessert would top things off perfectly, I think of Lava Cakes. They're rich and creamy and decadent and ...well, I could keep going. All of this adds up to they are the perfect finish to a romantic meal.
I have not made these before, just experienced different kinds from various restaurants. I was surprised to find out how easy they are to make. It requires some double broiling along with baking, but that melted chocolate makes this dish.
It is more than a winner with kids and adults alike. Very nicely complimented by coffee or a tall glass of milk. This dessert has already been asked to be made tomorrow night. I absolutely love it when a dish I make is such a hit! I hope it's as big a hit in your home as mine! Happy Valentine's Day everyone!
Chocolate Lava Cakes
- 1/2 cup butter, plus extra melted butter
- 8 oz semi sweet chocolates
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 Tbls flour
- 1 tsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush 4 small souffle pans with melted butter.
- Melt chocolate and 1/2 cup butter in a heat proof bowl over simmering water, stir until smooth.
- Stir in powdered sugar. Then add eggs and eggs yolks and keep stirring. Stir in flour until well blended.
- Share between the four cups and bake for 14-15 minutes.
- Let them rest for a few minutes and then serve on individual plates.
- Dust with powdered sugar and cocoa.
**Recipe from GiveRecipe.com