There isn't much to tell about this quick weeknight dinner. Just four ingredients coming together to make your dinner an easy one. I had made this with the Peanut Sauce and Soba noodles in the span of 30 minutes. It is so rewarding to make a really satisfying meal in a short amount of time.
Sesame Honey Soy Chicken Breast
- 2 boneless Chicken Breast, rinsed, tenderized and sprinkled with salt & pepper
- 1 Tbls sesame oil
- 2 Tbls low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp honey
- Heat a 12" skillet over medium heat and add the sesame oil. While heating, rinse, dry and trim the chicken breasts. Tenderize slightly to make sure the breasts are the same thickness (approx 3/4") to even the cooking time. Sprinkle with fresh ground salt and pepper and let sit while pan is coming up to temperature.
- Once the skillet is at temperature (you can tell because the oil will start to look translucent), add your chicken and top each breast with a little bit of the soy sauce. Now, leave it alone for a few minutes.
- After about 3-4 minutes, flip over and top with a little more of the soy sauce. Let the chicken cook until the soy and sesame oil start caramelizing together. Flip the chicken breasts again at approx 3 minutes. Drizzle each breast with 1 tsp of honey and once again, leave the chicken alone.
- Flip again and add more soy if you have some left. At this point, watch the chicken and let finish cooking all the way through. They are done when they will be firm to the touch or an instant read food thermometer shows approx 170 degrees.
- Serve on it's own, over a light salad, with a side of dipping sauce, or any way you would like.