After a big family holiday meal and making sure the family and guests are all fed, well, at least with this family, there is enough food for leftovers. After all of the cooking, all of the laughter, all of the eating...this year, it seemed a little boring to just reheat the leftovers and eat. Plus, I only had one container of leftovers and five people to feed a nice lunchtime snack.
Time to be creative! And bite sized snacks sounded wonderful for the group. The only thing that would have made this even better would have been a pureed cranberry sauce to dip this in.
It was an added bonus for me that I got to use my mini muffin pan to make this. I love when I get to use that for baking anything, but can say that normally, it can seem a little tedious when I think of making mini cupcakes and all the mini frosting that needs to be done with that.
This is a fun creative way to use up the food that you spent all that time cooking for the first meal, without spending a lot of time re-creating.
The Day After Holiday Leftovers
- 2 Tbls melted butter
- Left overs
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the mini muffin tin with the melted butter and set aside.
- Chop up the turkey into smaller pieces and place in a bowl.
- Using your hands, combine turkey with the stuffing until worked together.
- Fill the mini muffin cups with the mixture and top with mashed sweet potatoes.
- Place in oven and bake for about 15 minutes until everything is warmed up and there is a nice baked top on the mashed sweet potatoes.