Some days are longer than others and for those days, there are these....
Rosemary Lemon Martini's
Whether entering guests and enjoying your evening to yourself, a nice flavorful martini can put the class back into your evening and the swagger back in your step. Although you may not be James Bond, you can make this martini shaken, not stirred.
I personally love this cocktail because it can be enjoyed no matter what the season. The fresh ingredients give it a crispness that screams summer, but the rosemary gives a nod to a holiday season with essence of pine trees and Christmas. I will apologize, as I should definitely not be talking of Christmas right now when summer is hopefully finally here!
No matter what the season, it’s time to sit back, put your feet up, have a sip and enjoy your life!
Rosemary Lemon Martini
- Sprig Fresh Rosemary, pull rosemary off of stem
- 1/2 Lemon Juiced
- 1-2 tsp granulated sugar
- 8 Ice Cubes
- 3-4 oz Vodka - I prefer Kettle One. Anyone will do, but remember the better the quality, the better the taste.
- Place four ice cubes in an empty martini glass and put glass in the fridge to chill.
- At the bottom of a shaker, put rosemary, lemon juice and sugar and muddle together until sugar is dissolved into lemon juice.
- Place remaining ice cubes in shaker, top with vodka, cover and shake aggressively for about a minute.
- Remove martini glass from fridge, rim with sugar and strain martini into glass.