Whether you're searching for an tasty appetizer to serve company or a quiet dinner for two. This simple and very tasty combination of caramelized vegetable, dough and creamy goat cheese can transform themselves into bite size bits or a rolled out flat bread pizza.
This dish can be one that you can make your own. Use your imagination and your taste buds to lead you to your perfect bite. In this case, I used a box mix for the flat bread, which required time for the dough to rise; prepared caramelized shallot spread (you can obviously make your own as well); and Mediterranean Herbed Goat Cheese.
To make it your own, feel free to use pre-made flat bread shaped into the size that you wish, top with any savory spread that strikes your fancy and last, do not forgot your cheese. The creaminess of the goat cheese mixed with that amazing flavor only developed by breaking down onions/shallots all on top of baked dough and there will not be one bite left over.
Caramelized Shallot & Goat Cheese Flat Bread
- 12 oz Package Flat bread Mix
- 7.5 oz jar of caramelized shallot spread
- 5 oz log of goat cheese, plain or herbed
- Parsley or Fresh Herb for garnish
- Prepare flat bread mix per box instructions. Let rise fully. Note: Some times it can take longer than the instructions may indicate, just give it the time to rise to it's full potential.
- When the dough is fully risen, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Flour your surface and roll out the dough to your desired shape or use a pastry cutter to break the dough down into multiple bite size pieces.
- Place shaped dough on a greased pan in the oven for 2-4 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with shallot spread. Finish topping by crumbling the goat cheese around the pizza and cook for another 10-15 minutes until everything is golden.
- Remove from oven, let cool slightly and serve.