Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas without some cookies and every year there were two cookies that would be have more than one or two batches made throughout the season. JoAnn’s Peanut Blossoms and Poppy Seed Cookies. Both simple and with a chocolate star and both somewhat addictive. Look out tummy ache…here we come.
JoAnn's Peanut Blossoms
- ½ Cup sweet cream butter
- ½ Cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ Cup brown sugar
- ½ Cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ¾ Cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- Chocolate stars or Hershey Kisses
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream together butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and white sugar. Once incorporated, add in egg, milk and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt together. Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the butter mixture.
- Roll the dough into approx 1 inch balls and place on baking sheet leaving room for them to spread during baking. Put in oven and bake for 7 minutes.
- Pull the oven shelf out and carefully place the chocolate star/Hershey Kiss in the center of each cookie pushing down far enough to spread cookie, but not too far to push through the bottom of the cookie. Tip: It is easiest to start from the back and work your way forward. Bake for another 2 minutes.
- Pull out of oven and let rest for a few minutes and place cookies on cooling rack or wax paper. They are ready to eat!